Gobies in a tank with ick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryan5

Aquarium Advice Regular
What to do with gobies in a tank with ick?

If your tank gets ick and you are trying to get rid of it from your tank should you take the goby out or leave it in since gobies are much less susceptible to ick than other fish? Or dont you need to just go ahead and take it out and put him in the QT tank and ride the waiting wave of the 4-6 weeks till it dies off?

I would say to remove them to the qt. Being the only fish in there they're more likely to get it.

Two ways to get it out. Take all the fish out and leave it fallow for 6-8 weeks. Or and I don't recommend this method if you leave the fish in and do not add anything( rocks , hermits , macro algae , snails etc) for 11 months the ick will eventually burn itself out.

I would say QT your fish and leave the tank empty for 8 weeks. Also moving to the SW sick fish forum.

Two ways to get it out. Take all the fish out and leave it fallow for 6-8 weeks. Or and I don't recommend this method if you leave the fish in and do not add anything( rocks , hermits , macro algae , snails etc) for 11 months the ick will eventually burn itself out.

So even though the goby "doesnt" get it and would be the only fish in the tank the ick still lives is what your saying?

Yea just because you can't see it it is still there and more that likely in the fishes gills. Best bet is to remove the fish and leave the tank fallow for 6-8 weeks

goby's can get ich just like any other fish. They are just a little more resistant to it then others.

Back
Top Bottom