Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-14-2015, 12:43 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper0512 View Post
2 more question if I can:

I see everyone uses white PVC, any issues using black? Do I have to clean it?
Also was planning on using crazy glue to glue them together some caves. Any issues re-using the PCV aqua scape again if I do treat with cooper?
I think the main difference between the two, PVC vs ABS is that ABS is more porous/less dense than PVC and is not rated for potable water systems, but other than that it is fine for use in aquariums
If you compare the cut end of a piece of each you will see what I mean.
I think the actual fittings/connectors are the same density as PVC though.

in short, black pipe should be fine.

Old 04-15-2015, 08:42 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I did pull all fish out of dt and started my treatment of cooper in qt. My keyhole angel was the most affect with ich and did not last 24 hours after transfer. I also had my goby take a leep. That was my favorite fish too. So in the qt are a foxface. A coral beauty. 2 yellow chromis and 2 clowns. I have a power head in qt and in dt. Both are 1100 gph. Wish me luck. Thanks

Sent from my LG-D851 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 04-15-2015, 09:16 PM   #13
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Good luck. Ich can be a pain. I had struggles with it when I first got into saltwater. The sole survivor is with me to this day as the male in my clown pair jumped and was able to be accepted into the other tank giving me a cool orange/black clown pair.
You are on the right path. Just keep it up. This will also help you set the stage for future inhabitants once going fallow has run its course and things smooth out. Can just use this tank to observe and even treat new incoming fish.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 09:50 PM   #14

It alls about learning. Its seems like a. Rite of passage. Better now then down the road when the investment is much greater. Now i can apply my learnings to the dt. And rearrange things better. Might set up the sump as well. Thanks for all the support.

Old 04-26-2015, 02:21 PM   #15

So ran the 14 day treament of cooper. I lost three fish which are the only two which had ich both dwarf angels and my goby jumped. My clowns chromis and fox face have never shown any symptoms and look good. I just did a 15% water change. Whats next? Wait the next four weeks for yhe dt? Do i add back carbon? Can i get few fish and qt them now or just wait? Thanks for any input.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com