Going to trade in eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterTeen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Lastnight our snowflake eel had a midnight snack of hermit crabs, so we are going back to the lfs and trade him in for a long nose hawkfish! :) I have heard that they have great personalities and I think we are going to get one :)

Did you not hear the people trying to help you and tell you that your tank is way overstocked and now you are going to add another fish. If i were you i would be takig more than the eel back. I would be taking a few more back and getting some more LR or something. We are just trying to help you out.

i would still lower the amount of fish you have. Not trying to damper your tank or anything like that. But you also have to think of the fish. Look at it this way. It would be like a family living in a closet. Wuld you want to do that. No and neither do they.

more importantly, research the fish before you buy them.....it is less stressful on the fish, and you.

for example, I pulled this off marinedepotlive.com

Keep with caution in a reef aquarium; may eat/nip at anemones, crustaceans, shrimps & smaller fish. Better in pairs.

From what you have in your tank, I would say it is not a good choice for you.

I think I have given up on you Teen, you ignore all advice given.... Im starting to wonder why you even ask questions if your going to ignore the answers....

I think I have given up on you Teen, you ignore all advice given.... Im starting to wonder why you even ask questions if your going to ignore the answers...

This is an advice forum, I ask for advice occasionally and sometimes I don't take it. All we can do is continue to offer advice, and hope one day it will sink in. Think back to when you started the hobby, I read everything I could get my hands on and still let youthful enthusiasm allow me to do foolish things.

Also, consider the fact that other people search this forum for answers. SaltwaterTeen isn't the only one who might make use of the answers. :)

Yep, we all make mistakes, I know I sure did (do). Thats the great thing about this forum. A bunch of mostly mature (unlike some other forums i've seen) folks getting together to share knowledge. The archived posts are a great resource. Someone, somewhere will learn from this post as well as other.

One thing I feel the need to expound on, more in explanation than anything else, is the frustration factor that people who are trying to help, experience, when they see the inevitable doom written on the wall. Yes, new people and experienced hobbiests alike make mistakes. But why do people come here? To learn....well, learning is not automatic, sometimes many bricks have to hit you in the head before you get the message. We, as the advisors and more experienced hobbiests, feel frustrated when we KNOW that unless some divine intervention occurs, disaster is just around the corner. We try to do our best to prevent it. To hell with your dollars wasted, I couldnt care less about that, (although this is sometimes the best teaching method)....I care about the loss of life.

Even worse is going to be when Teen shows up in the sick fish forum (inevitable)wanting to know why his fish are dieing....then when we dont say anything (if you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all) he will get mad that no one is helping him.
Guess what, we tried to help.

This is not in any way meant to be inflamatory, just letting some folks know why the conversation gets intense once in awhile.

Back
Top Bottom