Originally Posted by Strictly Marine
so I told him that he should move is inverts to a QT tank and run hyposalinity on his main thank. All the other stores told him to use Ridick. (I only recommend using medication as a last resort.)
Glad to hear about the not using meds unneccessarily but you should only advise someone to use hyposalinity on an FO
tank and even that is not the best idea. Hyposalinty will kill just about everything in a tank except bacteria and boney fish. Coralline on the rock and the fauna/fluora that live in and on them would also perish.
A better practice would be to quarantine
all the fish and leave the display tank fallow for 4-6 weeks and allow the parasite to die naturally without a fish host to feed it.