Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-30-2010, 01:09 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

hello mr x
The anemone was in the community tank and was trasfered to the aggressive tank for safe keeping from the copper in the community tank. the female picasso is in there now but hardly moves. should I put a metal halide there or would another flourscent light do? the 50/50 light wont work?

Old 08-30-2010, 01:15 PM   #12

hello kurt,
yes the picasso was moved from the community tank where she was originally placed. I went ahead and moved her to the fishless aggresvie tank due to her not being able to eat. she seemed to go after the food but as soon as the other fish got close she would wait in the anemone and not eat at all. Do you think I should move them back to the community tank to treat them for ich? The main reason I did the move was cuz my LFS owner told me that the clowns do not get ich they only get black ich in rare occasions. if indeed she can get ich would it help her being back in the copper tank?

Old 08-30-2010, 01:19 PM   #13

hello ray
thanks for your reply. I decieded to to do a complete or 75% water change after the copper treatment in 16 days. Then change all my invertabrates back to the community tank. I do plan to send the sail fin tang to the aggresive tank. please advise
Old 08-30-2010, 02:39 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to pat8you
Quote:
Then change all my invertabrates back to the community tank.
What inverts are you moving back? Snail and hermits might be ok after a couple more water changes but i would not put them back in yet. Any copper in the water i think will kill them. Corals will not be able to go back into that tank. The copper gets and your rock and leeches out slowly. Even trace amounts will kill coral.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:40 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by picasso View Post
..The main reason I did the move was cuz my LFS owner told me that the clowns do not get ich ...
Your LFS owner is wrong.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:59 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat8you View Post
What inverts are you moving back? Snail and hermits might be ok after a couple more water changes but i would not put them back in yet. Any copper in the water i think will kill them. Corals will not be able to go back into that tank. The copper gets and your rock and leeches out slowly. Even trace amounts will kill coral.
+1 for pat. Now that you've used copper in that tank, it's essentially useless for corals and inverts. As pat stated, once copper goes in, it soaks into the substrate,live rock, and any other porous material. I hate to be the bearer of bad news and I'm sorry your LFS told you it was fine.

-Chuck
Krypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:51 PM   #17

how long must I wait to put my coral back into the tank?
as for the clowns should I do do another fresh water dip in the formalin or methylene blue?
Old 08-30-2010, 09:24 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Quote:
Originally Posted by picasso View Post
hello mr x
The anemone was in the community tank and was trasfered to the aggressive tank for safe keeping from the copper in the community tank. the female picasso is in there now but hardly moves. should I put a metal halide there or would another flourscent light do? the 50/50 light wont work?
i would put the halide over it. no. a 50/50 CF bulb will not sustain an anemone.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:35 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Regular

your tank is not going to be able to suport coral or inverts for a long time if ever and i have had a few clowns that got ich and they didnt make it you need to consider starting over .........maybe ......sorry its worst than you seem to know.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:25 PM   #20

Hello all,
update, I gave picassos another formalin fresh water dip for 5 min. I placed them in a 2.5 gallon QT. left them there for an hour then put them back with the anemone. The male picasso seem to be doing just fine if not a little better. the female is simply staying at the bottom of the tank not eating still. Are the fresh water dips good? should I do them on a regular basis? do you think the the anemone will remove the ich when the are in the anemone?
I was told by the LFS where I purchased the picassos and the anemone that to leave them alone with their anemone. the anemone will kill of anything thats on them.

Tags
picasso

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com