Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-22-2005, 09:23 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Gramma in QT with spot

[ this is a reposting from an earlier thread in the General Discussion forum re: my QT -- subject now seems more appropriate here. Background: I've got a royal gramma and a lawnmower blenny in QT.
-- Matt ]

Hey Everyone --

Thanks again to everyone that talked me down the other day over this QT situation I've found myself in. The ammo was at zero this morning, and the nitrites were at 0.5 ppm. Waiting and watching...

I was finally was able to get a decent picture of the gramma with the spot (little bugger hardly stays still). The arrow on the right points to the (only) spot in question. I'm also beginning to wonder if the little guy is eating, evidenced by the shallow in his gut (left arrow).

I've got some LR and seaweed in there for the blenny to graze on, and I've been giving the gramma some mysis shirmp, which I've been told (and seen) he will eat (although perhaps not enough?).

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gramma__small__147.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	1029  

The setup:
55 gal, CC base with 120# LR
CurrentUSA ORBIT 4x65W PC with moonlights
Seaclone skimmer
Fluval 304 for carbon and LR rubble
couple of MaxiJet-900 PHs
Calcium and Corbonate supplements 2x/week

2 percula clowns | 1 kole tang
1 royal gramma | 1 lawnmower blenny
1 cleaner shrimp | 1 fire shrimp
2 emerald crabs | bunch of snails and hermits

The uninvited:
1 curlyQ anemone | 1 flower anemone
a boatload of fire worms and brittle/banded stars
... and now 100% mantis free!
EBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 12:31 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
The spot may be a color marking. Is it on the other side? I don't see any evidence of a parasite from the picture, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. As for the spot concerning you, keep an eye out to see if any more show.
He does have a bit of a pinched belly, but if you are seeing him eat, no worries. He will fatten up.

quarryshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 12:55 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist
Thanks. There is only one spot on his right side, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't there when I got him. As for eating, I've seen him eat some, but only very small pieces (of course, he's pretty small as well), but not nearly as much (nor with as much enthusiasm) as I've seen other fish eat.

EBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 12:58 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Try to feed a little flake food to him. My gramma loves it. Be careful not to feed to much though.
Remember to Keep Christ First!
revhtree is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com