Gramma in QT with spot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EBR

Aquarium Advice Activist
[ this is a reposting from an earlier thread in the General Discussion forum re: my QT -- subject now seems more appropriate here. Background: I've got a royal gramma and a lawnmower blenny in QT.
-- Matt ]

Hey Everyone --

Thanks again to everyone that talked me down the other day over this QT situation I've found myself in. The ammo was at zero this morning, and the nitrites were at 0.5 ppm. Waiting and watching...

I was finally was able to get a decent picture of the gramma with the spot (little bugger hardly stays still). The arrow on the right points to the (only) spot in question. I'm also beginning to wonder if the little guy is eating, evidenced by the shallow in his gut (left arrow).

I've got some LR and seaweed in there for the blenny to graze on, and I've been giving the gramma some mysis shirmp, which I've been told (and seen) he will eat (although perhaps not enough?).

Thoughts?
Matt

Attachments

• gramma__small__147.jpg
    gramma__small__147.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 82
The spot may be a color marking. Is it on the other side? I don't see any evidence of a parasite from the picture, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. As for the spot concerning you, keep an eye out to see if any more show.
He does have a bit of a pinched belly, but if you are seeing him eat, no worries. He will fatten up.

Thanks. There is only one spot on his right side, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't there when I got him. As for eating, I've seen him eat some, but only very small pieces (of course, he's pretty small as well), but not nearly as much (nor with as much enthusiasm) as I've seen other fish eat.

Matt

Try to feed a little flake food to him. My gramma loves it. Be careful not to feed to much though. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom