Great question.... I think....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

c0mf0rt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've left numerous posts about my dying turbos and something just occured to me tonight.... the whole time these bad boys have been dropping like flies, I've had this other ??elephant snail?? in the sand and he's been through all the same stuff if not worse..... so any ideas on why the turbos are dropping????? most of them just lay there with their foot exposed and shrivled..... no matter if I flip them over etc... .the just won't attach......

are they the small turbos or the large size mexican turbos? The mexican turbos need a cooler temp. I wasnt sure which ones you were talking about.

That's a pretty good point..... most of the ones dying off are the large ones..... the smaller one's seem to be faring pretty well.... not sure if they're mexicans etc... but it is the larger ones dying.... and my redfoots as well.... also larger.....

Then the next thing to ask would be what your tank temp is......mexican turbos prefer a temp below 78.

It's just above 80 right now.... was closer to 75 or so for a while....

No no no..... I bought a new tank recently and went from glass to acrylic and the temp stays higher... it's constant now.... was constant before too just lower....

Back
Top Bottom