GREEN BRAIN SICK???????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes the very little part that moves is still soft...but the rest is hardened...the whole thing is about the same size diameter as a 2liter soda...and the part where it still moves is within the folds...

img_780876_0_32af038801f24cd0a5f99e0d25cc6ec7.jpg

img_780876_1_6311d64c79c3fae97f72c7a1f8c306f1.jpg

img_780876_2_0ae5461df71bffffe22185f0d7a852ee.jpg

these circled areas are still soft and move when touched...

img_780876_3_632749068d1837b829382166d7bc92ab.jpg

It still has some flesh on it but there are some areas that do not. Make sure your water parameters are OK. I want you to also keep an eye out for the tangs. I know a person that cant have a brain because their tangs keep nipping at them. It looks like also it could be tissue regression from being placed in the rocks. Just make sure of extra clean water and laying on the sand and let us know how things are going.

so..its alive and the whole thing will be good again soon?

It is definitely alive but about the soon part I dont know. I hope the bad areas will recover but we just have to wait and see. Depends on the damage to that area.

niiice!! its recovering really fast...more and more flesh on it now...

That just goes to show you that it was looking bad because of being up in the rocks. Now that its down in the sand it should recover. I wish you the best.

i wanted to add more salt so i jes added it straight into the tank instead of premixing
You broke a golden rule! In addition to not adding salt to your display, NEVER use SW that has not been mixed/aerated very well-preferably 24 hrs minimum. It will not have the PH necessary, among other issues, and it will shock and quite possibly kill the animals in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom