Green Bubble Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the_fish_man

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently bought a green bubble anemone and it was doing good in my tank until I woke up this morning it was under my rocks closed up which it is usually is open. It is nudged in between 2 rocks. Sometimes it opens up but it hasn't moved since this morning and it is getting no light my tank is over 1 year old all my parameters are good and temp is 78F. I can post a pic if needed.

Nems like to move around the tank, just make sure he has good water and he will move out on his own slowly, could be shock from the lighting he was under at the LFS to your tank.

Most stores here have maybe 1 T5 per tank, sometimes 2 if your lucky and I would be surprised if those bulbs are change more than once every year.

One of the main reasons they move is not getting enough lighting. What kind of lighting do you have?

This exact sudden movement happens with my RBTA I'm not to sure what happened. It is a new addition, so I expected it to move a bit. But this one is a bit looney, randomly separated and made a mess, now the one that's left over is small hidden, and just looks sick.
Is this what's going on with your GBTA?

tyul88- yours is dying. it's not liking your tank at all. an anemone splitting is not random. it's usually because of stress.

Okay I just took the risk and pulled the rock out of the middle and put it out so the anemone could get some light and all was good until I noticed that there is a giant with fleshy hole in the middle or it. I am freaking out right now please help

the hole is the mouth. it's probably just pooping out waste. there is only one hole in and out for an anemone. they don't look like your avatar 100% of the time. some times they need to deflate and expel waste.

again, it's the mouth you are viewing. just leave it be and make sure your parameters are perfect and it should return to it's beautiful state in no time. if it doesn't, it's because your water is not right.

Okay I will trust that it is a mouth you tend to be pretty good with saltwater mr.x it's my first anemone so don't want it to die. Although one question what does it look like when it splits so I don't freak out again like this if it splits?

Back
Top Bottom