Green Bubble Tip Anemone Healthy?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishDaAx

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys I have a GBTA in a tank that does not have the optimum lighting for an anemone. I heard anemones can live in less than ideal lighting if supplemented with meaty foods, my girlfriend basically forced me to get an anemone for the maroon clown, and I was actually trying to find out what a healthy GBTA looks like. If any of you have pictures of your anemone that I could use to gauge the health of mine, that would be awesome. My phone camera is poor, so all the photos of my anemone come out looking more bleached than I believe it to be. Please share your thoughts and photos of what a healthy anemone should look and behave like. Thanks guys! :)

I just took these with my iPhone... My Actinics have been on for about 20min and this is what they look. like hope it helps.

image-3752844289.jpg

image-2701753213.jpg

Last edited:
Taking a picture with the daylights on would be best. hard to tell if it's bleached or not with just the blues on, but if it's bleached, it should recover in a short time with some good lighting and perhaps a couple feedings a week.

Taking a picture with the daylights on would be best. hard to tell if it's bleached or not with just the blues on, but if it's bleached, it should recover in a short time with some good lighting and perhaps a couple feedings a week.

Ok. Thank you Mr. X, as in my other post, my lighting will be upgraded within a week or two. And I am feeding it raw shrimp from my local deli counter twice a week. I was just wondering what other's anemones looked like.

Is this what a healthy GBTA looks like?! If so, my anemone is bleached

image-2151095151.jpg

They vary in color, but if it's more white than green, then I would say it's a bit bleached. Not a major worry however. You can bring it back.

Back
Top Bottom