Green Bubble Tipped Anemone tear?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macman7010

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have had a GBTA for several months and a few days ago I noticed what looked like a small tear above the mouth. Coming out of the tear was a white stringy substance, it kind of looked like a fine yarn.

The anemone is eating well, but does not expand as large as it once did. In addition to that its mouth does not stay fully close, even still it expands large. I recently added new lighting to my tank its a 29 Gallon and added was a dual 96 watt power compact blue acentic w/ 10,000k daylight. The total wattage is 6.5 watts per gallon. Could this be bothering the anemone, I was told they needed a lot of light.

Is this normal or a sign of illness?

Sometimes stress will cause the BTA to split, which in your case you upgraded your lightining. A open mouth and stringy stuff coming out doesn't sound to good, but it could be splitting.

Here is a link to a site for some info about BTA's. Take a look at the splitting pics and the dying pics. Lots of pics and other stuff about them.
http://www.freewebs.com/karenssaltwater/

good luck

Back
Top Bottom