Green Flower Pot Coral not Blooming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krank30gal

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I purchased a green flower pot coral 4 days ago and it hasn't bloomed since IV had it I'm running a 30gal tank with 20gal sump for lights I have a 4 bulb t5 ho canopy I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong please help

:welcome: TO AA :welcome:

where did you locate it in the tank
it can be picky of were its placed
also picky on water flow not to strong but not to soft a salinity of 1.024 it prefers and be sure all your water parameters are good
took me almost 4 months to dial mine in , exactly what it likes
nothing touching it or over hanging it ect . also I found if its not seated well and the base shakes when open it will close up fast ,
try easing on the lights not to shock it ,start with blues and gradually turn on the whites
mine took forever to get comfortable
green flower pots are the hardest to keep
so people say but since I got it dialed in I have not one problem with it , I even hand feed it brine shrimp

I put it on top of my rock its pretty stable but ill try placing it lower in the tank could it be getting too much light from being to close to the top?

every thing you try give it a few days in each spot till you see results

how strong is water flow

Okay and I have one underwater fan that's for a 30gal I put my hand where the corals at and it has good flow but not a whole lot

you may want to try to bring it a bit closer , see if it changes any in a day or so , its a try try again kind of thing like I said above there very picky
also check your water parameters

mine looked like this forever than after moving and moving came out of it's trance
don't worry you'll find it's happy place(y)
ignore pict dates my camera has a mind of it's own puts what ever it wants there

Don't feel bad... I've had mine for 3 weeks and only saw a hint of polyps. Just can't seem to get it right but I'm not giving up. Good luck to you. If and when I get mine to open ill start a thread to show it off. It's not green though it's a red one.

looking through my notes my pot got happy in the middle of tank about mid level med current from both directions and med to full light yes I document everything lol friends say I'm Anal about my tanks

Okay ill try that and taken notes isn't a bad idea ha but thanks for all the help

I put my water parameters nitrite ,nitrate , ammonia , ph ,
temp , salinity , any and all maintenance (water changes ect) , feedings (what was fed) time , any fish I add , coral added , ect
that way when I have a issue I can look back and see when it started , and it helps diagnosing the problem faster so it can be corrected ,

it's just a good way to keep track of how your tank is running and keeping it healthy(y)

Bad news my coral died I guess I didn't get it in the right place in time

Flower Pot Coral - Green

This coral and esp. the red one are fairly difficult to maintain in the home aquarium. I included a link so you could see some of the aspects of this coral. If it was me I would save it for later down the road when you have a bit more experience. JMO

Back
Top Bottom