Green mandarin went carpet surfing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My psychedelic mandarin (seriously who can spell that) jumped in my Overflow looking for pods. It was strange considering I use a glass top. I had to rescue him we wasn't strong enough the jump back out, but I did watch him try!
So yes they can jump

Wow, I never heard of them jumping before. Have you noticed it being harassed by any other fish?

Sorry for the loss.

Never saw anything harass it. If you saw what it had to do to get out of the tank you would be even more impressed. I never knew they could jump but man this one did.

Hmm, never seen that kind of fish in my LFS before...cool looking guy. Sorry you lost him. I could see a fish jumping out of a 20g tank, but to be jumping outta your tank, what an idiot! You probably don't want a fish that doesn't appreciate what he has anyways. :lol:

Does your tank have any mobsters? Maybe it's just suppose to LOOK like an accident.

Brenden said:
Probably Disney :D
That’s enough to drive anyone to their death :p (all you hear at my house as well :roll:)

Seriously I’m sorry for your loss. Few can keep such beautiful creatures and I’m sure it wasn’t because he wasn’t “happy” in your tank. I’ve never heard of them being jumpers either.

Just how high did he have to jump to make it over the lip?

Back
Top Bottom