Green star polyp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cantareadio

Aquarium Advice Activist
I put an Ich treatment in my tank that's supposed to be Coelenerate Safe...it's all herbal.
But my polyp closed up and hasn't opened in two days...is he okay and what can I do to help? If his tentacles aren't out he isn't getting food from the light, right? :(

Well, I tried this herbal ich stuff. I knew that it wasn't a cure as only the copper stuff will do that. I can't see the herbal treatment upsetting yoru GSP as some of my more sensative corals didn't seem to care. Check your parameters to be safe. And in terms of food...GSP is one of those "you don't need to feed me" corals, just add light and it'll be fine.

Also, get a QT going for your fish with ich. Keep it going for a month or 2. This will make sure all the ich is out of your fish and without any fish in your DT the ich in there will die as well.

Put ALL fish in QT and leave everything else in the tank. You wont need to cycle. Just take a piece of filter media from your DT and put it in the filter. Drop salinity to 1.008 over about a week. Leave the fish with 1.008 for 1 month after last white spots are gone. Leave the tank without fish for atleast 6 weeks. GL!!!!!

What's filter media?

Do you know what could cause my polyp to close and not open for a few days?

Anything can do that. If a crab walks over them, they'll close up. I just discovered my pH was low...this resulted in my zoas being closed. Nothing else in my tank seemed to care. There are many other reasons.

I fixed it and realized what happened. I moved the rock he was on and he wasn't in direct power head flow. I out him back in the flow and he emerged almost immediately.

crister13 said:
Put ALL fish in QT and leave everything else in the tank. You wont need to cycle. Just take a piece of filter media from your DT and put it in the filter. Drop salinity to 1.008 over about a week. Leave the fish with 1.008 for 1 month after last white spots are gone. Leave the tank without fish for atleast 6 weeks. GL!!!!!

The bacteria from the media won't survive hypo so it's pointless to try that. WCs are the way to keep the toxic stuff out

Back
Top Bottom