green star polyp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin0329

Aquarium Advice Freak
So in purchased a green star polyp frag yesterday. In the LFS it was open and beautiful. Since its been home it hasn't opened once. Its been over 24 hours and nothing. Should I worry or should I just stop being anxious?

No, they are extremely hardy. I bought one about a week ago and it's still opening. Just be patient, it should come out once it's ready. People often have a hard time getting them to stop growing lol, some will attest that they are a pest coral. They survive everything and grow rapidly. A lot like mushrooms

Right on. I'll be patient. I know they may be considered a pest by many, but it looked so awesome at the store, I can't wait to see how it looks in my tank.

There are also many forms of them. Some have really long green polyps that make it look like a hedge, others are short and ugly haha

Well mine seems to be long. At least what I can remember from the store. It was so beautiful. I can't wait to see it wake up.
Don't threat mine isn't open either and it always is
it's got to do with the storms might sound strange but it's true
they basically tell me we are in for bad weather(y)

I had the same problem. Took mine close to a week before they started opening I was thinking the whole time that I killed them! It is just a matter of time.

I like the stuff. It requires very little light. You may have it in an area where it's too bright. They like a lot of flow as well. Easy to remove with a sharpened screw driver, they encrust.

Well, its been a week today and still not a single polyp has opened. I may not know the signs of a dead gsp but in this case, it doesn't look dead, just stubborn.

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate : <5
phosphate: 0
Temp: 79°
PH: 8.3
RO/DI only from day 1
all inverts including 2 anemones, and other corals, are doing great!

Don't threat mine isn't open either and it always is
it's got to do with the storms might sound strange but it's true
they basically tell me we are in for bad weather(y)

Well if that is true and they can sense the bad weather, then that may be why they still haven't opened up. We have had a thunderstorm about every day for the last week.

you should see my finger leather looks like a little blob when the big storms roll in
it's the size of 2 adult hands on good days and stormy days it's about the size of a babys hand
almost all corals react to weather I know a storms coming just by looking at my tanks
it's kind of interesting how nature works
my star polyps seem to react first than things just follow I also noticed if the corals closes up tight
when they open back up there colors seem brighter especially the softies

Back
Top Bottom