Green Star Polyp help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Apothead

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I got this gsp with a dragon eye Polyp frag on the same day it's been almost three months now and the gsp still hasn't come out, most of it is actually covered in coraline algae. Is this coral dead? Ie should I remove it?

Attachments

• image-1558913424.jpg
    image-1558913424.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 95
  • image-3887196046.jpg
    image-3887196046.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 116
So I got this gsp with a dragon eye Polyp frag on the same day it's been almost three months now and the gsp still hasn't come out, most of it is actually covered in coraline algae. Is this coral dead? Ie should I remove it?

That is not coralline in the first picture it is Cyanobacteria, a pest "algae". I'd say it hasn't come out due to high nitrates/phosphates which are fueling your algae outbreak. If you could post your water parameters and lighting that would be helpful.

the purple is actually the skeleton of the gsp, i would say its probably dead. i recently got a gsp and the middle part is dead and a deep purple

Definitely looks like cyno to me, if it's soft and squishy, it's rock hard it's coralline. I see some of the star polyp skeleton near the bottom (a lighter colour purple) if you can manually remove the cyno the stars may come back. Agree with the above, excess nutrients the cause...

Looks like some aptasia in lower left rock of the cyano pic too. Need to get rid of that too.

Back
Top Bottom