Green Star polyps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bavass

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well i bought a frag of Xenia and Green Star polyp about 3 weeks ago and yesterday the Green Star just stopped opening up. Nothing coming out of pours. Xenia is loving life and growing. Any suggestions? Nitrates are 2-5ppm, Phosphates are 0, Nitrites 0, Ph 8.2, Calcium 520, mag 1300, temp 79-81, SG 1.023. I did change the light fixture last week. but it looked like it was loving the T5HO's

Any potential munchers in the tank? GSP seems to be the first thing that gets nipped.

Yea I can't figure it out either. I think tonight I will put the in the bottom of the tank and see what happens. They were close to the top of the water. I think I will go ahead and run all my tests again tonight have not run them since Thursday.

So I did some tests tonight and Calcium is high and Alk was low. So i added some alk to bring it up.

Nitrate 2
Phosphate 0
Cacium 700
Alk 2.0 or 6 dkh
Mag 1500
SG 1.022

My GSP did this for about a week and then opened up and SPREAD like a weed!

I think they do this before going nuts. You may want to consider their placement before they take something over. (They choked out a rock with nice green shrooms on it). Same for the xenias. They are a pest in my opinion. Id love to find something that eats GSP and Xenias...

Matt

My GSP did this for about a week and then opened up and SPREAD like a weed!

I think they do this before going nuts. You may want to consider their placement before they take something over. (They choked out a rock with nice green shrooms on it). Same for the xenias. They are a pest in my opinion. Id love to find something that eats GSP and Xenias...

Matt

I hope its about to go nuts, lol!

Back
Top Bottom