green star polyps brown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Red44

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi I have rock that was covered in green star polyps now the rock is turning brown and they are not coming out and when a few do there small and white not green are they dieing ?and what can I do to help them?

I have read that when they turn white they are bleaching- too much light?-and in other places that they are stressed. I didn't know this and bought some that I thought were beautiful because they WERE WHITE..... The guy at the store told me that he'd had them for months & they never died or got any worse. I have had them for @ a month and they open & close when I feed them and seem perfectly fine. I think there may be a new one coming up now but I'm not certain. I'm anxious to see what color it will be if it does grow another one (or more hopefully).

My lights are on from 12-7 then blue 6-9 then moonlights 9-12
My room gets alot of sun if that would bleach them

I really am new to zoos myself. I posted the ? about the eagle eyes around the same time that you posted this. I just happened to purchase the white ones because I thought they were so pretty....... Wait for someone more knowledgeable than I am but I think they don't need a lot of light. You might try moving them (the rock) away from the light a little & see if they do better.

Thxs I've noticed that a few are coming out and there green:) if they all start to come out I'll leave them were they are if not I'll move them near the bottam

My green star polyps are at the top of the tank and growing rapidly. They need a lot of water flow and mine love the light. Of course- I don't run my lights as long as you. My light schedule is

Blues on at 1200
Whites on at 1230
Whites off at 730
Blues off at 800
Moon lights and Refugium lights on at 830 off at 600

Thxs I'm seeing that my gsp are coming out more and more of them and some are turning bright green:) hopefully they come soon if not I'll move them up higher were there's more flow I've also noticed as soon as I got my replacement pump for my skimmer now that I can run it 24 hr a day they been coming out more

Back
Top Bottom