Green start polyps help!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

agataoneil

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello. My green star polyps won't open I have them high on the tank with high flow, they have been closed over a week and a half. water quality is good. what's going on?

I have my GSP halfway up in the tank with medium flow and medium light. They are growing and spreading like wildfire. Mine will close up for days at a time though with no apparent reason but always open up eventually. Also, they close up when snails or hermits are messing around on it so that might be a cause as well.

I had a problem where my nitrates were high, but I did water changes and water is good now. My kenya tree died... I'm not sure my green star polyps are doing good....

If you had a nitrate issue that might be why they are a little reluctant to open up. Maybe give them a few more days and see what happens. they have to get used to the water being "good" again. :)

My GSP is so durable and hardy, I bet yours makes a comeback. Do you have a picture by chance?

Back
Top Bottom