Guys? HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltwater reef

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got this little guy and I woke up to him on his side (which is normal for most) but his EYES I've never seen it before? Please help I don't want the little guy to die so young.

image-2215818153.jpg

What are the levels at nitrates? Ammonia?nitrites? Ph.? Salinity? Is it eating ?

How old is the tank? What size tank? How long has he been in there? There are things we need to know before we can help you figure out what's going on.

If I were to guess I'd say he's stressed for sure. What are the tankmates?

What are the levels at nitrates? Ammonia?nitrites? Ph.? Salinity? Is it eating ?

How old is the tank? How long has he been in there? There are things we need to know before we can help you figure out what's going on

He just passed....but all levels were fine the nitrate level was a bit low. But I doubt that what caused his death. The tank has been set up for 1 year and 2 months. All other fish and corals were fine. IMO he was just to small to take the big change.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Even the smallest fish can make it in the right circumstances. Maybe it was not the right fish for your current setup, or try acclimating over a longer period. All my fish stay in a bag for 2+ hours. Every 10 mins I dump about 1/4 - 1/2 cup of water in till their bag is full.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Even the smallest fish can make it in the right circumstances. Maybe it was not the right fish for your current setup, or try acclimating over a longer period. All my fish stay in a bag for 2+ hours. Every 10 mins I dump about 1/4 - 1/2 cup of water in till their bag is full.

I did a 1-1/2 acclimation.

My problem was that my salient was at 1.030 it he was setup in 1.020 of course I checked everything expect my salinity. Now it's gonna be a long day getting down my salinity.

It's hard to tell exactly how small that Tang was, but I've always heard that when they are really small, they are tough to keep alive.

It's hard to tell exactly how small that Tang was, but I've always heard that when they are really small, they are tough to keep alive.

He was about an inch. But yes it is true. A buddy of mine breeds blue hippo tangs for a living and he said that the fry if the tangs are the hardest to keep alive.

Yeah...I think that the smallest I would buy would be 3-4". They are more expensive as they get larger, but if they stand a better chance of surviving, it's worth it to me.

Yeah...I think that the smallest I would buy would be 3-4". They are more expensive as they get larger, but if they stand a better chance of surviving, it's worth it to me.

I took its as a lesson learned. Maybe next time.

Back
Top Bottom