half dead coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melissfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
I received a coral as a gift from my supplier. it was 75% skeleton, 10% slime. the rest seems ok. it has a hard skeleton so im thinking hard coral, and pink tentacles similiar to an anemone that retract and lengthen. I used iodine and a reef supplement, to treat the tank. Is there any thing else i can do to ensure the life of this unidentified cora.l

Sounds like a plate coral of some type possibley. With how you describe it, it's definately not doing well. If the mouth of the coral is intact it might survive, otherwise with the amount of tissue loss you describe it doesn't sound good.

Can you post a pic?

Cheers
Steve

Moderate to high current and good lighting will do lots toward recovery. I'm thinking frogspawn or long tenticle plate. If it's a hardy species, it's amazing how much damage these can take and survive. I have grown several corals from a friend's crashed tank. They grew to a huge size - even fragged the heck out of them when they got big.
Good luck.

hi firemedic, welcome to aquarium advice! you may want to click on "new topic" so you can start your own topic with your subject and get a better response! Also we will need detailed info. on your setup...

Back
Top Bottom