Halp! Urgent! What is wrong with my sebae anemone??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have good parameters, and.... Uh, my lighting is more than strong enough to support zoas (Sorry, the name currently escapes me.) It is still alive right now, some of the tentacles have shrunken in though... I'm worried about that :p

Nems require much higher light than zoas.........

How old is your tank, and what type of lighting? T5 (if so, how many bulbs), MH, LED???

What size tank?

Last edited:
You need to know exactly what you have over the tank. The brand (aquatic life)doesn't tell much of anything. Zoas and anemones are pretty far apart in terms of lighting. What are your "good" parameters exactly?

Erm... Sorry :p. My parameters are 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, and about 15 nitrates. I have to get back to you on lights.

Update: It died this morning, from what I don't know. As far as I know, the lights were fine, I fed it silversides, my maroon clown was even hosting it.

Update: It died this morning, from what I don't know. As far as I know, the lights were fine, I fed it silversides, my maroon clown was even hosting it.

Feeding it can cause it stress. And aquatic life makes t5ho fixtures. I think 2 bulb. If that's what you have, you'd need 3 or 4 of those to keep a nem.

Feeding it can cause it stress. And aquatic life makes t5ho fixtures. I think 2 bulb. If that's what you have, you'd need 3 or 4 of those to keep a nem.

Oh, god, I really thought feeding it was in the nem's best interest (did I use that right?)! Gahhhhhhhh

Poor nem.

How do you know it died? Feeding small bits of food is not harmful to anemones. It's when people toss in giant chunks that is stressful.

Back
Top Bottom