Hammer and octospawn very shrunken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nelix10

Aquarium Advice Freak
. Had both for over 6 months! 2 hammer and an octospawn

2. Par 38's led bulb they have been under since January

3. Nitrate: 5ppm

4. Calcium:450

5. Phosphate: less then .03

6. Alkalinity: 8.7

7. pH:7.5-8

8. Salinity: was a little high after my w/c on Sunday! Was 1.30 so today I adjusted to get closer to 1.25

9. Temperature:76-78

10. Liquid or strip test kits: mostly liquid test

11. Location in tank:near bottom they have been in place for 6 months

12. Current amount of flow:medium to high

13. Current tank dosing regimen: none

14. Nearby coral:torch which is doing fine

15. Explanation of problem: numerous coral in the tank all are doing fine except these 3 ! Nothing seems off except the salinity!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401566704.934441.jpg

Can you take a pic with the white bulbs on?

Last edited by a moderator:
There are 3 separate corals each with different flow and light! All are looking the same! The one in this pic has been in this spot for 6 months

Are they getting stung by anything? Are any close to that torch?

Near the end of a pail of salt! They are close to the torch but they do not attack members of their family!
How big of a water change can I do today?

Is there a chance that the bottom of a pail could have a poor mixed with stuff settling to the bottom?

Near the end of a pail of salt! They are close to the torch but they do not attack members of their family!
How big of a water change can I do today?

Oh they most definitely can attack each other. Torches especially can be nasty, even to other euphies. I would be on the look out for sweepers.

Seen lots of sweepers , but they have never attack each other in my tank! Not saying it doesn't happen:) don't think it is the cause of my problem! One of the hammers is completely out of range!

Decided to dip them in coral rx! Read about some success , but did not seem to improve at all!

I don't see a lot of predators of lps, and if it was a parasite, the odds of it effecting two euphyllia colonies and not the third, out of the blue, after you've had them for some time, are poor. You may have done more harm than good I'm afraid.

An iodine dip would serve you better than coral RX if it was BJD. Do you see BJD on the corals? It's hard to miss.

If you could take a picture with daylights on it would be helpful. If you are referring to the stuff on the skeleton, then no, it's not BJD. BJD would reside on the flesh. Eventually it would cover the heads completely, and they would rot away.

Did some further research and ya not BJD! Actually read a topic you had posted in 2008!

Back
Top Bottom