Hammer coral query

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StripesTheEel

Aquarium Advice Addict
My hammer coral has just recently began to "peel" away from its stoney base. all parameters seem to be fine in the tank. im just wondering what causes this? because if it continues it will just float away and be left as the stone.

sounds like a deficency of Strontium & Molybdenum. Kent marine has this supplement. this should help your hammers.
0X

Polyp bail out is usually caused from excessively high Ca and low alk in terms of chemistry. Sr and Moly additions won't do much more that a water change would.

Please post your parameters and chem numbers including Mg if you have the test kit for it.

Cheers
Steve

sorry my mistake, i was reading about this today and the kent product said that strontium will qure this problem srry, just goes to show dont believe everything you read.
0X

30_gallon_guy said:
sorry my mistake, i was reading about this today and the kent product said that strontium will qure this problem srry, just goes to show dont believe everything you read.
0X

LOL, especially if you're reading it from their bottle. I work at a LFS and if you listen to the reps from certain companies they would have you thinking you need to add 35 chemicals on a daily basis just to keep your damsels alive.

IMO, water changes will help most any problem providing you are using a quality salt mix.

Back
Top Bottom