Hammerhead coral - Frogspawn Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Masterplan75

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i got a few frags for free when i purchased a recently upgrade light fixture.. and they are both dying.. i hate seeing something die so its frustrating me that they are failing.. it looks as if half of them were eaten away... what i have in my tank are 2 tomato clownfish 1 lawnmower blenny 1 firefish goby 1 peppermint shrimp. about 10+ hermit crabs tons of snails 2 and sifter starfish.. ones half gone now and is leaking some kind of ooze =\..

my only guess is that when i got the frags they werent properly anchored so i tried to plant them in places and they kept getting pushed around and knocked over by a couple of big turbo snails i have.. so i'm thinking that they're majorly stressed from being moved around?

any help would be greatly appreciated...

L

It`s a hammer or anchor coral, Whichever you prefer. It sounds like the dreaded Brown jelly disease. If your corals are branching than you`ll need to break off the infected heads. Make sure you are not having too much flow that would cause trauma to the fleshy part of the coral. Do a search on this site for Brown jelly disease.

it turned out to be the dreaded brown jelly disease =\ i got home and my hammerhead was completely gone and there was some brown slime where it was.. as for the frogspawn.. one of the 2 stalks had the brown stuff on it so i broke it off and threw it out but the other stalk appears to be ok.. not as big and full as it was at the store but its looking better than what it was..

thanks for the help Mel =)

Here is my torch coral with it and after I broke off the infected heads and what it looks like now. BTW youre welcome

100_1573.jpg

100_0325.jpg

Back
Top Bottom