Hard Corals Thriving, Softies Suffering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Genix

Aquarium Advice Regular
so i have a bubble coral and an alveopora coral that i've have for months and they're both doing great. i got some xenia about 2 months ago and it seems to be growing quickly.

now about 5 weeks ago, i bought a nice button polyp colony. it did well for the first three. then only some of the buttons on one side would open. now i notice that the polyps are finally dying. i thought this might have to do with over-exposure to my 96watt PC lights over a 15 gallon tall. but i also noticed that my hairy mushrooms that i've had for about 5 months are not opening nearly as big.

any ideas?? my NH3, NO2, NO3 levels are all zero. my calcium and KH levels are good. my pH is 8.2, SG 1.024. please help my softies!

chemical warfare?

sweepers stinging the polyps and shrooms?

Try rearranging and giving more spaces if possible.

Also, try placing the ones that are not opening "upwind" of the others so that they are not blasted with the chemical sprays from thir neighbors.

Good luck

JG

Genix said:
i thought this might have to do with over-exposure to my 96watt PC lights over a 15 gallon tall. but i also noticed that my hairy mushrooms that i've had for about 5 months are not opening nearly as big.
How deep is the tank and how far above the water is the light?

my calcium and KH levels are good.
Got numbers?

Do you run carbon and use a skimmer? How often do you do water changes?

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom