Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-29-2003, 01:49 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Has anyone ever used "Herbal Ich Attack"

Has any one used this product with any luck in treating Ich. Claimed to be reef safe. Thanks,

Old 05-29-2003, 06:58 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

I've never used it, can you provide a link? Simply from the name I am skeptical.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 10:10 AM   #3

Kevin, Their web site: www.novalek.com
Old 05-29-2003, 05:18 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

I found no mention of the roduct on the site, perhaps you could provide a direct link to the prodct.

Old 05-29-2003, 06:26 PM   #5

Kevin, I'm not able to send you the link, but go to the site I gave you and click on Kordon, then click on Kordon product list, then scroll down to Preventatives and Treatments, it is item #39444

Hope this helps,
Richard
Old 05-29-2003, 06:44 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

I wouldn't use it, I'm still skeptical, but I doubt it would harm the tank. It may work, people use garlic for ick in SW fish, my biggest problem with it is it crosses the SW/FW boundries. SW and FW ick are two different things and treated differently as well.

Old 05-29-2003, 06:46 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
http://www.novalek.com/kpd77.htm

Try that page.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 12:33 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

I am curiouse to know if you have any success with this product, or any product for that matter. As Fishfreek knows, i have been battling with ich in my reef for a week or so now. I thought that it had subsided, with raising the temp and feeding garlic infused foods to my fish, but I got a call from my wife this morning at the office and she said that when the actinics came on this morning, the tang was covered in white spots, again! 8O The tuskfish still has some on his tail. I am at al loss...like i said, they where looking better until this morning. Maybe it wa all the people in my house on Sat stressed them out again? I really dont want to have to try and net them so I can put them into a QT. That will stress them out even more, not to mention what it will do to me.
Old 06-07-2003, 06:13 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

I've got to chime in... cause I just discovered spots on my beloved Yellow Tang.
I'm just going to watch...Please keep us updated on your situation STRESCO... Thanks
Old 06-07-2003, 09:19 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well, i tore down my tank last night and moved the tusk ane the tang into a 10 gal QT. I used the water from my main tank to fill the QT in hopes to not have a long acclimation period. I am feeding them garlic soaked SeaWeed Salad and have started to raise the copper level. I added 1ml of Cupramine late last night (About 2:30am) after i placed all my LR back into my main tank. I will do a water test tonight before i add any more of the Cupramine as i raise the copper level to 0.5ppm. I'm hoping for the best, but who knows. Now the Tang is\was nipping at the tusk earlier. Probably trying to astablish new territories.

Tags
attack, ich, ich attack

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com