Has sanyone else used a food called cyclopeze?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clownin around

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am a total newbie but fortunatly for my fish i like to research. I was wondering around the web looking for how to best feed my critters and ran into this stuff called cyclopeze. I figured it was as good as anything else to start with and luckly my LFS had it in the freezer. Now why I am posting is due to the incredible response i got from everything in my tank. EVERYTHING went crazy for it even my Lawnmower blennie(who i was worried about due to him getting skinny) ate it. My coral banded shrimp was beside himself. Ok this is looking like a ad for the stuff but really i was wondering what anyone else thought of the stuff ..If it was "fish candy" like brine shrimp or a good once a week thing or everyday?
I also use a marine fish pellet but the only thing that seems to eat it is my two juvenile percs.

Here are the stats on it.
Protein min.-63%
Fat(Lipids) min - 23 %
carbhydrate- 8.5%
Ash - 3.5%
Astaxanthin (pigment) -2867ppm
EPA -11.74%
DHA - 11.09%
Average size - 700- 800 microns
I have no idea what half of that means but perhaps someone more knowledgable will.

I've heard really really good things about it. Unfortunately, I've never used it (still can't find anywhere to purchase it from), but the stuff gets glowing reviews from everyone I know who has used it.

Bought the frozen one from my LFS and it costs less than what's stated in the page. Around $10 for about 100grams.
I've recently started feeding with this and received overwhelming response from the fishes, shrimps and even the hermit crabs. Seems to be in demand higher than the flakes or other frozen shrimps I've tried. Great!
I mixed them with garlic and some frozen shrimps before feeding.

I got some frozen at $10 for a pack and used it too, my critters love it. It is a very clean food that breaks into bright red little copepods, a tiny amount will send a flurry of bright red copepods throughout the tank, and everything eats them (anemone, crabs, fish, etc) and I imagine the ones that go into the holes in the LR get eaten my the mysterious inhabitants as well.

I have also used it. I feed my tanks twice a week, I have notice more polyps extension on all of my corals, lps, sps. I really like it and the golden pearls.

Back
Top Bottom