"Headless" feather duster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's possible it's just in the tube, if your showing a before and after then I'd say that's where it is. Mine darts in and out whenever it feels like it then slowly comes out.

Convict2161 said:
It's possible it's just in the tube, if your showing a before and after then I'd say that's where it is. Mine darts in and out whenever it feels like it then slowly comes out.

Both pictures are from diferent places of my tank, the tube is on a rock and the head is over the sand.

Convict is probably right but if a feather duster is unhappy it will drop its crown which if kept under the right conditions will regrow

scottayy said:
Mine did this when I moved a rock. He regrew his tube.

+1 as did mine... Just keep parameters in check and it should be fine. I also don't know if feeding is such a good idea. Mine have been doing.great for close to a year with out feeding.

They are non-photosynthetic so that's the only way they get their food. I feed marine snow as well and always send a squirt in his direction. :D

In fact, when I wasn't feeding, his tube got all squiggly and shrank. Has been growing good and straight since I began feeding.

scottayy said:
They are non-photosynthetic so that's the only way they get their food. I feed marine snow as well and always send a squirt in his direction. :D

In fact, when I wasn't feeding, his tube got all squiggly and shrank. Has been growing good and straight since I began feeding.

I understand that but a healthy tank will have enough nutrients in the water to keep them healthy without feeding.

Back
Top Bottom