Healthy Monti?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gboy66

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys is this a healthy monti? We just bought it yesterday and it is our 1st sps!! Very cool looking..how do we know if it starts to go downhill? It is in high light, low-medium flow

It looks kinda brown in the pic, but im the tank it looks a dark red color. Haha thanks flreefer

Yeah, I wasn't saying it looked brown, just that it will brown if it doesn't get enough light.
It looks good! Congrats, that's the fast growing SPS, you wanted!

Flreefer said:
Yeah, I wasn't saying it looked brown, just that it will brown if it doesn't get enough light.
It looks good! Congrats, that's the fast growing SPS, you wanted!

Thanks man! I really like it so far. And once it starts growing, i know it will fascinate me. Thanks again!

Ps, it is sortof shedding a clearish substance/coat..it that okay?

If you bump it hard or hit the edge, it will release a little slime. Probably a defense mechanism, but it recovers quickly.
When one of mine was over-topping my Chalice, I could actually see daily growth out of it!!

Check out the borders of monti caps. White edges indicate spreading and growth. If it's completely brown then there's an issue. Too much\little light. Too much\little flow etc.

AquaRick said:
Check out the borders of monti caps. White edges indicate spreading and growth. If it's completely brown then there's an issue. Too much\little light. Too much\little flow etc.

Thats good then! The edges are white! That is actually why i was worried

Back
Top Bottom