Heat Pack or No Heat Pack?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pvh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I will be buying some zoas/palys and the seller suggested not to use a heat pack at this time since the weather is warm enough. However when I checked the weather for the following days it's going to be high 60s to low 70s during the day and at night around low 50s.

Just curious what some of you think if a heat pack is needed or not?

Thanks in advance.

I`m thinking that this time of year that it`s really not necessary. What state will it becoming from and going to?

I`m thinking that this time of year that it`s really not necessary. What state will it becoming from and going to?

It will be coming from VA to MA. I'm just afraid of the temperature at night. But if he uses a heat pack for the night time it might over heat during the day. What is a better survival rate for cold as compare to hot temperature for zoas/palys?

Doubtful that it would overheat. I just got a shipment of frags from MD to NJ with a heat pack. The heat pack was on top and frags were covered by newspaper. The frags were cool, not warm.

From what I have sen they don't put out a lot of heat, I think the just keep a stable temp. I agree with Kurt, high altitude=cold. If they are packed well, the heat pack will keep the temp stable or at least tolerable.

FWIW I just received a coral order yesterday and it had a heat pack. I really would opt FOR the heat pack. You don't know what the travel conditions are going to be.

Good Luck! Oh, and remember to post pictures of your new goodies!

Back
Top Bottom