Hello everybody newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

migee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi everyone I have a 90 gallon saltwater tank I have a starfish is missing a limb I don't have no fish only nails my tank been running for 2 months I also put two crabs and they died on me does anybody know why

Have you tested your water for salinity & the other parameters? Was the tank fully cycled before you added the crabs?

How did you cycle the tank? How did you acclimate the star and crabs? Answering the above questions will also help us help you ;)

I cycle of Tanks for 7 weeks acclimate he's in a bag on top of the fish tank for about an hour

How long did the crab survive? Or did they not last a day or so? All inverts (and fish) need to be acclimated to your tanks temp and salinity. I once checked the salinity of the tank water that came from the lfs before I acclimated to my tank. It was like 1.018 and my tank is around 1.025 that's a huge difference! Next time try the drip method, a piece of airline tube running from your display into the bag, literally a drip a second into the bag for about an hour or until the water has doubled in volume...

Maybe you're right it was my salinity it was 1.26

Back
Top Bottom