HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
scubasteve said:
i put a polyfilter in the tank as well as the new carbon.
i use a dechlorinator/dechlormaine chemical ( just a normal one nothin big, ive always used it since the beginning though), so you think just keep on doin water changes every day(still like 10-15% changes?)
About the only thing you can do is continue to dilute the problem via water changes and continue to observe things in hopes of finding the cause. Good choice on the polyfilter, they rock. Just a thought but have you had any high temp issues and are the water specs still in line. NH3, NO2 and NO3?

have you ever had a big problem hit your tank?
Unfortunately yes but mine was identifiable...

Cheers
Steve

all the levels are still good, temp is in range also.
Now the angel seems to have ich(white spots along his body), i have no idea whats goin on now, totally baffled.

Other than the angel, what other fish are in the tank?

Cheers
Steve

Definately get a Qt set up and begin treating the fish if you are possitive this is ick and not something else caused by the water problem. This may be a blessing in disguise sorta...

While the fish are being treated it will allow you to get things sorted out with the problems in the main tank hopefully. If possible I would suggest a 20 gal QT but be sure of what you are treating.

One other thought (all I have left are guesses), use any anti-biotics or similar products in the main tank? Or possibley obtained something from another hobbiest?

Cheers
Steve

I agree with everyone something has attacked your water and it spread quickly. You can do a water change but make sure your salt level and ph stays the same check your temp also. Shut off lights and keep a look out at your water.
One time I had a kid by mistake dump some milk into my tank years ago and this cause my water to cloud up and form bubbles all over the tank. So check to see if anyone by mistake dump something into your tank!
Hope everything turns out well!

Happy Holiday! :)

My flame angel died tonight :( . The clowns and damsel are all thats left,
whatever this bacteria is it really took out my tank. Now what are my options, if i were to transfer the remaining fish into a QT tank, what are my guaranteed ways to rid the main tank of any bad bacteria(emptying all the water, but that would get rid of all the good bacteria)
this sucks.

Sorry to hear about the angel :(

If you are unable to determine the cause I would be sure to at least have the QT set up and ready. Fish do not always die for an explainable reason but the finrot alone will not be the cause. The white blemish/ulcer on the side should concern you however. It might be the sign of some type of parasite actually and not a bacterial problem. If the other fish show any signs of problems, acclimate them to the QT and begin hyposalinity with possibley a gram negative antibacterial suppliment.

If you do need to QT the fish, leave the main tank fallow for 4-6 weeks.

At this point I am unsure what killed the angel?

Cheers
Steve

yea anything with stress coat in it will cause the skimmer to do that just keep dumping it out ( not back in the tank) and it should clear up in a few days

Back
Top Bottom