Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TriggerHappy

Aquarium Advice Freak
My pufferfish and trigger look like they have ick. The puffer had white above his eye, looked like his skin was peeling, now his eyes are cloudy and I don't think he can see too good. I probably know the answer to this but I don't have a qt tank and want to treat them in the main tank. They are the only fish in there and I have a small amount of lr. What is the best treatment to use at this point? I have coppersafe but I don't think thats the right stuff to use, and some nox-ich. Either that or hyposalinity treatment? Water change. I gotta do something. :!:

I did a 40% waterchange, the puffer looks more active but one of his eyes is really white and he's having trouble seeing now. I will look up some info on cloudy eye on the net unless someone here has some advice...

Well, if it's ick I would def recommend hyposalinty. Here is a link if you wish to read further about it >>Hypo<<

You could also try adding some quality vitamins to your food if you don't do so already. I also add garlic extract as some say it helps boost the immune system.

alright thanks, i did a water change but the replacement water was salt water. I'm gonna change out 10 gallons every day with ro water, til the level gets to 1.009 and keep it there for 4-6 weeks.

TriggerHappy said:
alright thanks, i did a water change but the replacement water was salt water. I'm gonna change out 10 gallons every day with ro water, til the level gets to 1.009 and keep it there for 4-6 weeks.

One thing you'll want to monitor that the article doesn't mention is the alk level which may fall in turn causing the pH to fall. I almost lost my fish when this happened to me and I didn't realize what was going on. I just used some Keng dKH buffer to bring the levels back up to normal and everything was ok. Good luck!

**** this sucks...I think I will start a rock garden. Poor guy looks bad. I got the sg down to 1.016. He's just sittin on the bottom, breathin hard. I know whats gonna happen next.

Back
Top Bottom