Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Newbie

ok so should I actually add phemonia? and if I do get it to what level?

Old 10-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

You want ammonia to reach at least 4 ppm for a good strong cycle, higher than that is okay, it'll just take longer to come down. It takes very little liquid ammonia to get to 4. The only liquid ammonia you can use though is the kind that doesn't bubble when you shake the bottle. If there's bubbles when you shake, don't use it.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:20 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Newbie

my fish incred fish story all help is much appreciated

I bought a fish tank for my two kiddies on X-mas 2009 we set it up on Xmas eve with two gold-fish the lasted a month after a water change died...many gold fish later this pattern continued some fish lasted weeks others only days

I then switched to freshwater tropical did well for over a month couldnt keep more then 3 fish at one time the tank was often dirty to a point where it was beyond cloud

I finally decided on Saltwater fish same patter ok at first then death despite every chemical in the book good water permaruers etc.....I knew NOTHING about cycling until recently...I am going to try this one more time...I heard to cycle you must first have an Amonia level ./?..i just started this process by adding falke food there are no fish in the tank i was told that the food will decay and cause ammonia to build in this true? Also can all this troible be solved by finally cycyling the tank and advice/ feedback is apprecaited

by accident i started with perfume bubblie Anemoia which i just learned should ot be used will that cause any harm i only added about 4-5 teaspoons

THANK U
Mark
Old 10-29-2012, 12:24 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

Maybe its also your water flow in.the tank and your filtration . Im still.not sure the one you.using
Old 10-29-2012, 05:09 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm not sure what "perfume ammonia" is, but you should only use the ammonia that doesn't bubble when bottle is shaken. The other kind has surfactants in it, which you don't want in A tank. I'm not sure if it will harm the tank, I did read on this forum that someone used the ammonia from Walmart (which has surfactants) and they said it worked fine. I don't know about the long term effects it may have had, though, on the tank.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com