HELP! 3 clownfish fatal in 4 days!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmartin

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just lost 3 clownfish within 4 days, the first one started out dying at night, couldnt see why. The next day one had a stiff fin and later died, when taking him out I noticed what looked like a hole under his fin. TODAY I lost a black clown, last night his tailfin looked like it was bitten so I put him in a breeder box in the tank to prevent further nipping but this morning his tail deteriorated further and one of his fins under his face.

In the tank I have.
2 more clownfish
Anthias Barletts
2 dragonets, one small one big
Yellow Tang
Dottyback-gramma
6 chromis
Foxface-normal
Tuxedo Urchin
Black spiny urchin.

What sort of clownfish do you have left, my guess is that pair killed the other clowns, in most cases mixing multiple clowns is a bad idea, with maybe the exception of tank bred ocellaris clowns if added all at once..

Or the chromis. They can be agressive. I have been told usually not to have more than a pair of clowns in a tank depending on the size of course.

There has been no issues with the clowns, they never fought. They are all Percula True with the exception of the black percula which showed no agression what so ever to the other fish, they had actually got along well.
Could it be a disease?

Unless your tank is massive, then my wild guess is still the other clowns. I dont know why water quality or parasite would only effect the clowns.

Usually the chromis will pick on eachother..

Back
Top Bottom