HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andari

Aquarium Advice Regular
/bump - lots of views and no responses to this one.

I've been treating my blue hippo for ich and he is doing much better, But there is this very nasty place on his face under his eye. Is it common for ich to stack? The spot is very raised and all white. It's much larger then all the other spots that he had and it has been very persistent. Should I just leave it be and continue treating my tank with hypo? Kinda reminds me of a big zit. It's diameter is about half the size of his eye. None of the other spots he's had have been raised anywhere near close to the level that this spot is. He has a lot of pot marks from where the other ich as come off of him, I hope they heal up ok.

This is the best pic I could get of it.

dscf093526lc.jpg

I dont know about the spot by the eye but the other spots show that he is having ick problems. I would QT him and treat with hypo. He is esp in need of a PWC.

Yeah, looks like HLLE, which my yellow tang was developing before I started feeding him nori (its much improved now). Except in mine, and the pics I've seen, its usually behind the eyes, and along the front of the gills, then with spots along the lateral sensory line.

The HLLE could be a side effect of an ich infestation.

Copper can be bad for tangs, so hypo is probably the best way to go. I need to get a refractor in case I ever find myself in this situation.

My only problem with that it seems too low to be HLLE. Alot of times it will be higher near the lateral line. But I`m no expert. I might be wrong. But if it is HLLE yes hypo will not cure it.

I did say he was having ich problems and that I was treating w/ hypo. I haven't done anything different, but the spot seems to be receding on it's own. My basic question was if ich ever stacks?

I`ve never seen it do that but I`ve also been ick free for the last 7 yrs. Only had it once in 9 yrs so I might not be qualified to answer that. But as I said I dont think it does.

Back
Top Bottom