help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big baga

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My cowfish has some ich that is not what im asking.He has some red in his fine witch I know is not good.I was just wondering if anyone had expeirence dealing with the red marks.Please dont ask my peramiteres just let me know if you have beat this red stuff befor.He has got ich off and on his whole life I have had him for a year and a half.It never stays that long.Now im worried cause of the red stuff.

Why does the fish continue to get sick? Could be water qualiy issues. I know you don't want to hear it but there has got to be a reason and that is something you should look at.
Fix the cause and that may be cure enough.

I am not sure why he gets sick off and on.I just added a peice of live rock.It seems every time I add something he will get a bit.So i think it is from the rock.I have tons of corals shrimp and crabs and a few other fish in with him.The other fish dont get the ich ever just tyhe cow.

Are you getting the stuff you add all from the same place? Do you add the water with the item into your tank? Is he getting picked on by the other fish?
Wish I could help with a cure, not having had to deal with sick fish I'm not much help here.
just trying to help find the cause..
I have read they are delicate fish so maybe he is more sensitive to something that the other fish arnt.
Im sure you know they can release toxins that will wipe out your tank when stressed or dies.

Try soaking the food in garlic extreem, Zoe and Selcon, that may help to boost his immune system. Also, it is kinda tough to help withou knowing water parameters. I agree w/seaham, if stressed or death occurs, he can foul your tank. As for the red, can you get a pic? I would say the ich comes back because it was probably never completely removed from your main. Do you have a QT?

Both my nitrates and amonia are fine ph is good.I dont add any water from the store and yes I buy everything from the same store.His store is great .I took a few photos to him at his store on monday.Basicly I moved him to my qt droped the salt a little 1.019 and raised my temp to 83 and started treating with cuprimine.So I will let you know how he does.Thanks for your input.

Basicly I moved him to my qt droped the salt a little 1.019 and raised my temp to 83 and started treating with cuprimine.

You should slowly raise the SG back up to at least 1.023 and drop the temp to 78 or so. Using copper and dropping the SG will wreak havoc on your ph and raising the temp only speeds up the life cycle of the parasite. Neither really help out the situation.

Cowfish ich

I have had mine for about 3 months and just last week he got the same. my dealer said just like the tang they are prone to it.Never mind keep asking we may just find the cause.All you can do is the right things to prevent it.or cure it can't ask more than that. :lol:

In the case of tangs, the problem is usually that they are more easily stressed than other fish. As open ocean swimmers, they just are not as content in a small box as fish that spend most of thier life hanging around one dependable food source.

Back
Top Bottom