HELP!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

casper3t

Aquarium Advice Regular
my powerhead burn up in my tank and my fishes and coral are dying, i have a qt tank but what do i do with the water in the tank now? but i can't tank out my coral.

Is that the only thing you have moving water ? Do you have a filter or an air stone ?Put that on and get a new power head on ... How long has it been out ? What size tank do you have ? how many fish are in your tank , how old is your tank ? I would do a large 30-50% water change ...Sounds like more than a power head issue ? what are your perameters
Ammonia
nitrIte
NitrAte

I agree with sadie as I would do a large size PWC and then post your water test. I would also make sure you have some flow going in there. Hope all goes well. I`m going to move this thread to proper forum.

its about a 50 gal tank and its about a year old. i have 3 blue green chromis, 2 percula clowns and 2 cleaner shrimp. One of them died this morning because i couldn't caught it last night. I still have an anemone in the tank because its attached to a large rock that i can't move it to my qt tank. well one of the powerhead but it's not the main one. its been up since 3am pacific time. the powerhead was burn and it release all these toxic things.

i have extra powerheads, i just did a 30% pwc

Edit:

do you think the PH would change cause of that? land ast night when i caught my fishes they were all floating on top

Sounds like an electrical charge in the tank . I recommend a grounding probe and a voltmeter to eleminate the suspect then use the grounding probe as a precaution should something else go down... it is for your safety as well as the fish ... salt water is an excellent conductor of electrical current . I agree replace the power head ASAP
Edit:

do you think the PH would change cause of that? land ast night when i caught my fishes they were all floating on top
Not sure what you are asking here ?
Still requesting perameters
ammonia
nitrIte
nitrAte

Back
Top Bottom