Help adding copepods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tmaida17

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is there and specific way to add copepods to the aquarium or just dump them in?

The ones I got were refrigerated. I was told to let them sit at room temp until you see them moving around in the bottle. Then turn off your filtrations and powerheads and pour them in close to cover so that they dont get eaten and have a chance to hide (maybe best after lights out). Give them a 1/2 hour or so and turn everything back on. I did this once in my sump and I have a ton of pods all over now!

Ya that's what i read too but just want to make sure lol. Ok thanks a lot!!

Pretty much what the spoonman said. I love using reefs2go.com for there copepods. If you get on there deal of the day you can get 2,000 pods for 24.99 free shipping.

I like reefs2go because the pods come in a bag of saltwater on media and all you do is place the media in the tank for the night and in the morning there all gone either eaten or they made it into the rocks.

Just spoon said. Turn everything off and introduce them in the dark. I turn everything off for about 20 minutes and I even cover the tank with a towel because the tank is caddy cornered in my bed room and I don't want the light from the TV to interfere with them getting to there hiding places.

Convict2161 said:
Pretty much what the spoonman said. I love using reefs2go.com for there copepods. If you get on there deal of the day you can get 2,000 pods for 24.99 free shipping.

I like reefs2go because the pods come in a bag of saltwater on media and all you do is place the media in the tank for the night and in the morning there all gone either eaten or they made it into the rocks.

Just spoon said. Turn everything off and introduce them in the dark. I turn everything off for about 20 minutes and I even cover the tank with a towel because the tank is caddy cornered in my bed room and I don't want the light from the TV to interfere with them getting to there hiding places.

+1 can't go wrong with reefs2go on this one. You actually get a mixture of copepods and amphipods too so a little more diversity. Any time I make an order I always have some pods sent too and most time you can get them as a bonus for free :)

Ya that's where i ordered them from and are coming today. Should be here any time now. I wasn't sure about pouring them in and if it would effect the water at all. Appreciate the help though

Back
Top Bottom