How long have you had the fish?
Do you know if it was wild caught, or tank raised?
How long has the fish been in the tank?
What are the tank mates? Any aggression?
Is the fish eating?
If so what does it eat?
Brine Shrimp, Another type of small shrimp (update later)
What are the water parameters? pH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, SPG?
Will get new levels in the afternoon, need more supplies
What saltwater test kit are you using?
5. Is the fish showing any physical signs of disease, grain of salt size spots, discoloration, ragged fins, misting or spots on the fins, cuts, cloudy eyes, etc?
None as of now
6. Is the fish "flashing" (scratching or rubbing on rocks, decorations or substrate)?
He was yesterday, tonight he is laying sideways to upright in the sand and seems to be breathing heavily
7. How is the fish acting? Is it swimming around, or just hovering in one spot or corner of the tank?
Laying fairly dormant on his side heavy breathing, staying stationary for the most part, in fact the other maroon seemed to be helping him to lie next to or near my long tentacle anemone
8. Did you use quarantine? If so for how long and did you have a need to treat for any ailments? Is it in qt now? Are you currently treating with any medication(s)?
No treatments as of yet
9. Describe in detail how the fish was acclimated.
Drip method - In a bucket - I inserted all purchased livestock into the bucket. I marked the water level on the bucket after the livestock water was poured into the bucket. I then ran a drip line from the tank to the bucket with a tight knot in the line as to have a slow continuous drip. I allowed the water level to roughly double the water level that started in the bucket (from purchased livestock). The clown was with 2 anenome's, 1 toadstool leather coral, 2 zebra stripped gobies, 1 emerald crab, 1 blood red shrimp, 1 chocolate chip starfish, 2 new liverocks. All of the other acclimated critters are doing completly fine from the looks of things.
10. What size system? What type of filtration do you use? Do you have any live rock or sand?
110 Gallon tank, Rena Filstar xP, 5 total live rocks (2 added today), sand bottom.
11. Do you use any additives? Have you used any sort of meds in the main tank?
No additives have been used in the last 6 months or so (ph, sea salt, alkilides, etc.) No medications have ever been used.
So far as I stated above it looks as though he is fighting for his life and i cannot figure out why. He seemed fine in the store and all of the other fish and reef things i added all seem to be doing just fine. Also on a side note the starfish and the shrimp who from what i read can be picky about salinity levels seem perfectly content as well.