Help! all of my inverts is dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

finest

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, guys I have a problem coz every time I add any inverts on my tank after 1 day all of my inverts die's, and I notice that some one drop a few coin’s on my tank, but my fish is living well I have regal angel, singapore angel, powder brown tang, clown fish etc... and their doing well but my inverts is dying I use always a drip method for acclimation. Pls. help me to solve my problem.

nope! I never use copper to treat the tank. I see 2 pennies which is on level of decay or errosion on my tank.

Those pennies are made of copper. Most inverts are very intolerant of Copper. Who dropped those pennies in ther and why?

test for copper as said the pennies are probably the issue here also i would try to hunt for any other pennies just in case.

Definatly get rid of the pennies and start doing water changes... The copper in the tank is killing the inverts.. I've had commercial tanks go through shark losses that were caused by a couple of pennies that ended up in the filtration (We did'nt notice them sooner due to location unfortantly)..
Run copper tests till you hit zero...can't remember if there are chemical copper removers?

Mike

Back
Top Bottom