Help! Black spots on blood shrimp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Becky

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently purchased a Blood/Fire shrimp. He has acted out of character for a fire shrimp since I have gotten him. For the past few days he has been acting very strange at night. He will lie on his back, suddenly shoot up to the surface, float to the bottom, lie on his back and pulsate like he is having a seizure. It is quite commical, but heart-breaking to watch. He molted th evening I first introduced him. My water temp is 78. Salinity 1.022. Ph 8.2. Ammonia 0. Nitrites 0. Nitrates less than 5. Iodine supplements have been added as well as calcium. Yesterday he was laying on his back twitching for hours. I assumed death was coming shortly. He had a small black spot on his body @ 3pm. By 6 pm, he had small black spots all over. His red color was slightly faded near his tail also. I assumed he would be dead by nightfall. He is alive and walking around again today. He has done this for the past four evenings. What could be the problem? I have called numerous people and no one has heard of the black spots. Please can someone help. I have a warranty on this shrimp that is about to run out! Thanks.

I cannot help you with the black spots but I do believe that a PWC might help. It cant hurt so try it out and maybe one of the advisors can help. Welcome to AA :usa :usa :usa

Back
Top Bottom