Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-24-2006, 01:18 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Help! Black spots on blood shrimp!

I recently purchased a Blood/Fire shrimp. He has acted out of character for a fire shrimp since I have gotten him. For the past few days he has been acting very strange at night. He will lie on his back, suddenly shoot up to the surface, float to the bottom, lie on his back and pulsate like he is having a seizure. It is quite commical, but heart-breaking to watch. He molted th evening I first introduced him. My water temp is 78. Salinity 1.022. Ph 8.2. Ammonia 0. Nitrites 0. Nitrates less than 5. Iodine supplements have been added as well as calcium. Yesterday he was laying on his back twitching for hours. I assumed death was coming shortly. He had a small black spot on his body @ 3pm. By 6 pm, he had small black spots all over. His red color was slightly faded near his tail also. I assumed he would be dead by nightfall. He is alive and walking around again today. He has done this for the past four evenings. What could be the problem? I have called numerous people and no one has heard of the black spots. Please can someone help. I have a warranty on this shrimp that is about to run out! Thanks.

Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 08:31 PM   #2
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
I cannot help you with the black spots but I do believe that a PWC might help. It cant hurt so try it out and maybe one of the advisors can help. Welcome to AA
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

black spot, black spots, blood, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com