Help blue triggerfish!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TenaciousTriggerFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Have a sixty five gallon salt tank
1xlunar wrasse (no where to be found)
1x blue trigger (stressed maybe or dying idk)
1x damsel (perfectly fine)
1x red tomato clown (perfectly fine)
I went away from like 4 am yesterday till now knowing its fine for fish not to eat that long right?? Well got home around one and the above statuses were found... I'm distraught! So upset I finally found my blue trigger in the whole of a rocks and it was really hard to get him out like he was stuck got him out he is breathing but sitting on the bottom I'm so upset I don't know what to do so I fed them and am posting on here please someone help and tell me he will make it through the night I will be so freeking upset if not!! The night before last I fed them flakes and a slightly larger portion of freshly frozen grass shrimp which they love and it was nothing out of ordinary please help! I'm panicking!

Okay, just gotta tell us a few facts about the tank! Just try and stay calm, hopefully things are all ok! When you checked on te trigger was he sleeping?? That may sound stupid but every simgle one of my fish look dead at night, just a thought. Also, what are your parameters at? Also temp/salinity! :)

I am guessing the wrasse is probably buried and the trigger was probably sleeping. I had a blue throat that would wedge himself into the rocks at night. Trying to pry him out could do damage or at least stress. Is there a top on the tank? Wrasses are notorious jumpers, so he could be on the floor (hopefully the first guess is correct).

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Okay, just gotta tell us a few facts about the tank! Just try and stay calm, hopefully things are all ok! When you checked on te trigger was he sleeping?? That may sound stupid but every simgle one of my fish look dead at night, just a thought. Also, what are your parameters at? Also temp/salinity! :)

I agree with nunu's post,..triggers will wedge themselves in rocks ,crevices,holes or where ever they feel safe for the night or when frightened ,..they lock themselves in via their trigger,.its their way of going to sleep and locking the door behind them,..keep us posted

Dary421 said:
I agree with nunu's post,..triggers will wedge themselves in rocks ,crevices,holes or where ever they feel safe for the night or when frightened ,..they lock themselves in via their trigger,.its their way of going to sleep and locking the door behind them,..keep us posted

All fish are acting like nothing happened ,, probably just to make me think I'm going crazy,, but still they are all fine and have all there color back... And I know something was wrong with my trigger! I could tell but with three shrimp feedings and two flake feeding (shrimp once last night) they are probably now wishing I went away more often haha thanks for your help and idk the parameters... I don't test my water *go figure* never have

TenaciousTriggerFish said:
All fish are acting like nothing happened ,, probably just to make me think I'm going crazy,, but still they are all fine and have all there color back... And I know something was wrong with my trigger! I could tell but with three shrimp feedings and two flake feeding (shrimp once last night) they are probably now wishing I went away more often haha thanks for your help and idk the parameters... I don't test my water *go figure* never have

My dad used to have a tank and never tested. I swear he acclimated his two clowns to fresh water cos he'd top off with fresh tap water. Lived for years. xD good to know the tanks good. Also thanks for the info about the triggers. Didn't know that. Makes sense.

You are supposed to top off with freshwater. The water evaporates, not the salt. Keep adding saltwater to fill from evaporation and salinity levels will go way up.

Yeah I know that, but the amounts of which he'd do it.

Back
Top Bottom