Help bubble coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefpete

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Something seems not right with my nice piece take a look .....doesn't open fully and is about two weeks in tank all levels are O established for over two years and all my other corals are happy as can be and my two max minis as well

image-1985169652.jpg

image-2525745995.jpg

Bubble corals can be a little picky about the flow they're in. Too much or too little and they won't fully expand. Have you tried moving it to a different area? And it needs to be in full light.

Bubble corals can be a little picky about the flow they're in. Too much or too little and they won't fully expand. Have you tried moving it to a different area? And it needs to be in full light.

Okie I will try and move him then ....what type Of flow and light do they like I was under the impression they like minimal flow and not so high of light ? Mines in my sand bed

Okie I will try and move him then ....what type Of flow and light do they like I was under the impression they like minimal flow and not so high of light ? Mines in my sand bed

I used to have a bubble coral until my hubby dropped a rock on it and it died. :( Loved it, though. Ill get another when i find one with as good color as mine had.
I have Kessil led light and it was happiest directly under the light in the sandbed and in moderate flow. I had to move it 3 or 4 times, though, to find its happy spot. And feed it some mysis once a week or so after lights out, and it'll be a happy bubble. :)

Oh man sorry to hear that :(( but ill try and feed it some brine shrimp now and see what happens next couple days...how often did you feed yours?

Oh man sorry to hear that :(( but ill try and feed it some brine shrimp now and see what happens next couple days...how often did you feed yours?

I fed mine about twice a week. Just fed what I was feeding the fish that night: tiny bits of raw shrimp, mysis, brine, cyclopeeze, etc. didn't give it pellets or flake though, not sure that would help it much. They're cool to watch grab stuff with their feeder tentacles and pull it in. :)

I would remove it from the sand. Put it up in the rocks. Here is a picture of mine. It`s 15 years old this month. BTW never have target fed it. It gets all it needs from the lighting and water column.

img_20111009_124243.jpg

Wow 15yrs old that's amazing! I have metal halides so my pearl bubble is located at the back left corner of my rock work. ( dosent make for good viewing but it's happy) I do not spot feed I just let it grab what it needs from the water colum when I feed my fish. It is in a moderate to low flow area of the tank. A tip for ya when you lift it be careful. I was told to try and move it with the bubbles upsidedown in a way that they aren't being pushed against it skeleton so you don't rip the bubbles. Good luck.

Attachments

• image-65513992.jpg
    image-65513992.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 89
I would remove it from the sand. Put it up in the rocks. Here is a picture of mine. It`s 15 years old this month. BTW never have target fed it. It gets all it needs from the lighting and water column.

That's amazing wow looks really good and mines never extended like that before I'm gonna move it now just fed him

Back
Top Bottom