Help! Clownfish seems to have something!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes it is critical to try and get them into QT .. This will allow you to control every aspect and try to get the treatments they need , it also makes it easier to remove them when you need to .. Sorry about the loss of your female .. I did not see how long the tank needs to go fallow for them before adding new/ old ones in or back .. as for the breathing keep the water moving for good 02 exchange and perhaps an air stone also would help .. At this point I am sure there is not much you can do other than wait it out with the outlined treatments given ..

The male is in the display tank and looks perfect. Except for a little nip on the tail fin... No swelling and no white spots. He eats like a horse and swims around everywhere.

At this point should I wait a bit or should I get the meds out of the QT add some live rock and think about getting a new clownfish in there for a week and then put with the male in the display tank?

Brook is highly contagious . And adding another would almost certainly get it .. I would place him in QT for a minimum of 4 weeks after the last bit of it was seen and the tail has healed (as frayed fins are also a sign of it ) .. I would almost bet he has it . If not prophylactic treatment is one thing that you will want to decide on. Once he is clear you can clean out and disinfect your QT tank and place a new fish in that for observation for no less than 4 weeks to be sure you are not reintroducing it .. It is one of those diseases that can be dormant for a long time before you are rid of it .. QT is very important and necessary at this point for the old clown (current one) and any new ones that you will introduce .

Back
Top Bottom