Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-05-2005, 08:15 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

No sea cucumber or sea apple. As far as ventilation, my back door was part way open, of course that is right next to the tank. We did do some cleaning in the family room where the tank is, so furniture polish - yes (but we have done this like a thousand times before) and glass cleaner - no not in that room but yes in the kitchen.

thank you everyone for all your comments / help.

One more question for everyone: What would you suggest we do now. We have several corals that seem to be fine and we have critters still in the tank, should we totally take all the water out of the tank, thus having to find a home for the corals till the tank re-establishes it self or should we do a lot of mini water changes. With not knowing what caused it, we really don't know what to do. Right now it is a mess cause we had to dig around all the rocks to get the dead fish out.
So starting over wouldn't be hard.

thanks again!!

155 Bow front Reef tank w/
60 gal sump w/ refruguim, 20# of live rock, and protein skimmer and pump
200+ of Live Rock, with a 5-6 in sand bed.
3 Pendent Lights w/ 250K each
wave machine w/ 6 power head

2 P. Clowns, 1 Tomini Bristletooth Tang, 4 Shrimps, 4 emenaral crabs & lots of other snails & hermit crabs
Walpurgis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:37 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry for your loss. But I also want to welcome you to AA.. I woudl check the stray elec. idea again, it seems to be happening more and more. You said you have your grounding probe in the sump, is that where ALL devices that carry elec. are at or do you have some powerheads, ETC in the main? I think you would need a grounding probe in both.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
dralarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 11:40 AM   #13
steve-s

Water changes and carbon use would eliminate any possible water contaminant. As far as the electric shock, if it was strong enough to kill the fish you would have also lost some corals and the coralline algae on the rock would be bleaching. I doubt that's your cause either.

Cheers
Steve
Old 05-05-2005, 04:38 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

well little did i know that we *did* have a sea cucumber in our tank (we can't find him now and that wasn't what he was called when we got him, but that is what he is). So we think he must have died and released a toxin in the water that killed every one of our fish, or at least that is what the LFS is telling us. We had no idea that he was toxic or we wouldn't have put him in the tank, that is why we didn't have a puffer (as much as i like them, just too risky). So i think the mystery is solved, at least that makes sense. << deep breath>> time to start over again...

Thanks again for everyone's help!

155 Bow front Reef tank w/
60 gal sump w/ refruguim, 20# of live rock, and protein skimmer and pump
200+ of Live Rock, with a 5-6 in sand bed.
3 Pendent Lights w/ 250K each
wave machine w/ 6 power head

2 P. Clowns, 1 Tomini Bristletooth Tang, 4 Shrimps, 4 emenaral crabs & lots of other snails & hermit crabs
Walpurgis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dead

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com