Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

non- of my invertebrates were effected. Is there anything I can do help my live stock?

Old 05-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Got a pic of your wrasse?

Old 05-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

I tried to get a picture of him last night but I just couldn't get a good one. He is a little lethargic; however, he seems to be a little better. I will keep observing him and if I can snap a pic I will.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism View Post
Well from what your saying your wrasse has no signs of disease and usually disease does not kill that fast. I would suspect ammonia spike not disease unless you have a good reason to think it was disease.
Grossly inaccurate. I have seen diseases such as Uronema, bacterial infections, and even Crypt. kill fish in under 24hrs. Take an ammonia reading, but unless the tank isn't cycled there shouldn't be Nh3 rises with fish additions in an established tank.
Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:43 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

I have been taking ammonia reading every day since the first fish died. and the ammonia has been reading 0. I did have a low nitrate reading of 5 or 10, but after a water change that became o also. I am watching my fish like a hawk and hopefully this passes. is there anything I can do to entice my wrasse to each he hasn't eaten in 2 days.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to kdpuffer
Try feeding garlic soaked food but do so sparingly cause you don't want to add more load to the system. A couple days without food isn't a big deal, target feed a couple garlic soaked pellets or mysis and hopefully he will come around.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:04 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovator

Grossly inaccurate. I have seen diseases such as Uronema, bacterial infections, and even Crypt. kill fish in under 24hrs. Take an ammonia reading, but unless the tank isn't cycled there shouldn't be Nh3 rises with fish additions in an established tank.
Notice i said usually, not always.

Tags
die, dieing, fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com