HELP...Fish keep dying!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gtojay

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Please help, my fish keep dying and I don't know why, one minute they are healthy and swimming around, feeding well, 2 hours later they are dead.

Tank spec is 170ltr with an Aqua One Aquis 1200 Canister filter, Aqua One 103f internal filter, about 9kg Live rock and 15kg Substrate.

Latest water test are:
Nitrate-0 Nitrite-0 Ammonia-0 PH-8.3 Salinity-1.022 Water Temp 25/77F

Attachments

• image-2734740051.jpg
    image-2734740051.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 101
Could Glass Anemone be the culprit, I have a few of these on my live rock and didn't realise what they are until doing a little research.

You have 0 nitrate, your tank isn't cycled yet, at least that would be the problem in freshwater, I'm pretty sure it would be the same for saltwater

Fishy monkey said:
You have 0 nitrate, your tank isn't cycled yet, at least that would be the problem in freshwater, I'm pretty sure it would be the same for saltwater

The tank was fully cycled 3 months ago, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the Nitrate levels in a FOWLR tank should be immeasurable?

That's why I edited and said in a freshwater tank, only realised you were saltwater after I posted.

It's best for them to be 0 yes. Do you maybe have a weird dose of copper or some contaminant in the tank??? Have you spilled anything toxic in?

Just had the water tested at my LFS and he got the same results as me, he recommended using Easy-Life just in case there is some other Toxin or contaminant in the water..has anyone else used this product?

Attachments

• image-2324231265.jpg
    image-2324231265.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 61
Back
Top Bottom